JOB NUMBER: JB03895
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04666
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises S.A.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: VP Port Development
We are seeking a dedicated Port Development Manager to work from our Headquarter in Geneva. Under the guidance of the VP Port Development, you will play a pivotal role in establishing long-term agreements, concessions, and driving port development initiatives.
• Negotiation Expertise: Skillfully negotiate with local authorities and stakeholders to ensure agreements beneficial for MSC Cruises and MSC group.
• Business analysis and Planning: Contribute to the creation of feasibility studies to guide successful port development choices and projects (this includes providing the business assumptions to Finance Department, review business plans and business needs with port, nautical and shoreside activities teams, providing input on legal documents, etc.).
• Stakeholder Management: Manage relationships and communication with suppliers and consultants, fostering collaboration for successful outcomes.
• Cost Optimization: Proactively seek opportunities to reduce costs related to port development activities, contributing to the financial health of the projects.
• Project Coordination: Make sure internal and external stakeholders keep pace on their assigned tasks, keep meticulous records of all meetings and timelines, ensuring effective communication and follow-up with involved departments.
• Team Collaboration: Report to the VP Port Development and collaborate with the colleagues in the Port Development Team assigned to construction processes, as well as all other MSC Cruises’ colleagues world-wide, fostering a cohesive and efficient working environment.
• Performance Analysis: Prepare insightful performance analyses and compelling PowerPoint presentations for senior managers.
• Market Awareness: Stay vigilant for competitive threats and trends in the industry to inform strategic decision-making.
• Industry Representation: Represent the company at selected meetings, association functions, cruise industry events, travel industry conventions, and other relevant gatherings.
• Language Proficiency: Fluent in English.
• Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in Economics, Law, or Political Sciences.
• Industry Experience: 10 years of experience in the cruise industry, preferably in roles related to Port Operations, Port services, and cost negotiations.
• Technical Skills: Good command of Excel and PowerPoint for effective communication and analysis.
• Regulatory Knowledge: Familiarity with Port, Environmental & Maritime International Standards and Regulations.
• Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changes in priorities, company approaches, and the ability to switch seamlessly between projects.
• Pressure Handling: Proven capability to work under pressure, managing last-minute requests, urgent tasks assigned by senior managers, and tight deadlines.
• Team Collaboration: A team player with a supportive approach, able to work effectively in an open-space environment with colleagues.
• Travel Capability: Willingness and ability to travel as required by senior managers.
EU-Passport / Right to work in Switzerland
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.