JOB NUMBER: JB03897
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04668
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruise Management UK Ltd
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: VP Environmental Operations & Compliance
The Fleet Environmental Compliance Officer’s primary responsibility is Environmental Compliance training, conducting on board assessments, quality assurance and quality control for MSC ensuring the company's high standards are achieved and maintained within the relevant laws and company policy. This includes all assistance to the Master with corporate policy training and evaluation of environmental policies and procedures, including new builds; and shipboard interface with all cognisant managers. A procedural approach to managing the Environmental Compliance program onboard must be employed, utilising up-to-date management principles as well as incorporating technological innovations where practical in order to deliver top Environmental Compliance support.
• Leads by example, by utilising a hands-on approach to training and management. Develops and trains a highly motivated, pro-active Environmental Operations & Compliance team with the highest ethical standards which includes but is not limited to the Environmental Compliance Officers and Waste Operators and Supervisors. Works closely with ships senior management and follow up and assist in implementing new Environmental rules and regulations and Company policy. Training and oversight of the policies, procedures, manuals, and logbook pertaining to the Company’s environmental management
• Supports the Environmental Compliance Officers in training new staff during new ship deliveries, shipyards, and ongoing. In cooperation with the technical department follow up on maintenance items for all vessels environmental related equipment and making frequent suggestions to bring the standards up and the operating costs down.
• Teaches and implements corporate policy and Environmental training programs for the entire fleet. Assists and trains shipside teams in the proper sorting of waste according to the Company’s policies. Participate in environmental related inspections and conduct quality assurance and compliance inspections onboard.
• Develops, supports, and evaluates the Environmental Compliance Officers’ and waste operators’ knowledge and performance. Assists the Master with environmental compliance training and enforcement as directed. Provides written reports on the ship’s environmental management to the Master, Chief Engineer and the Manager Environmental Operations, Training and Audit
• Assists with the implementation and training of the ISO 14001 & ISO 21070 programs onboard and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Continues own education by staying abreast of environmental compliance trends and sharing this information with the team. Communicate staffing needs to the Manager Environmental Operations, Training and Audit. Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard departments to facilitate a team-oriented atmosphere.
• Assist with advanced planning for the environmental voyage plan and provides training for portals, databases and reporting platform pertaining to the Environmental Operations & Compliance management. When necessary assist with external/internal audits, as required. Inspects logbooks for accuracy and makes recommendations as required.
• Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of Italian and other major European languages is an advantage
• Proven shipboard experience in the cruise industry
• Experience onboard cruise ships as Environmental Officer
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and other company specific operating platforms and databases
• Able to manage communication at all levels
• Ability to understand and interpret various complex regulations and environmental matters
Ability to travel without restrictions.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.