JOB NUMBER: JB03913
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04686
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: Hotel Maintenance Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Facility Manager to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys” .Reporting to the Hotel Maintenance Engineer and following the business objectives indicated by the Chief Engineer, General Manager and Staff Captain, to lead the front of the house Hotel upkeep workflow, with the objective to minimize any possible discomfort for our guests and crew.
Reports to Hotel Maintenance Engineer (direct) – Chief Engineer, General Manager, Staff Captain (accountable) - Flying Team Manager (when on board)
Direct Reports Chief Carpenter, Upholsterer, Flying Team members (when on board)
• To implement, instruct and promote Company Policies concerning Safety, safe working practices and prevention of injuries and pollution.
• Under the direction of the Hotel Maintenance Engineer, to lead professionally and safely the efficient and cooperative operation of all the assigned team members.
•To ensure the effective and efficient planned and reactive upkeep measures are taken in the Hotel front of the house areas.
•To implement the Company Policy regarding Ship Safety, pollution prevention and injury prevention for crew and passengers.
•To co-represent with the Hotel Maintenance Engineer the Technical Department during the Hotel Technical Team chaired by the General Manager or her/his delegates to ensure Technical Department strategic alinement with the Explora Journeys objectives and compliance with Company Standards.
•To plan, coordinate and inspect the safe and efficient progress of all planned and unplanned hotel upkeep related works while assuring that the workforce is fully utilised and that no waste of resources may occur.
•To effectively plan the day work and the proper consumables are ordered and available to enable the Flying Team attendance visits and maintain discretion over the shore support workflow process.
• Operates with the full consideration for the comfort of Guests - this is a prime consideration of the Company.
• Minimum 3-years’ experience as Chief Carpenter of equivalent position.
• Extensive knowledge and practice in selection of materials and maintenance practices of furniture and furnishing.
• High degree of independent work, ability to take and influence management decisions and schedule work for the assigned team.
• Previous experience in Luxury cruise vessels is highly regarded.
• Possess a valid passport and seaman book
Computer literacy and ability to operate office equipment.Basic Windows based programs knowledge.Language Capability Proficient in English. Any additional languages, particularly European languages, are considered an advantage.
Explora Fleet English Level: B2
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.