JOB NUMBER: JB03916
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04691
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruise Management UK Ltd
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Vice President Engine Operations
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting operations involving the maintenance of Ship's electrical equipment, facilities and systems including the propulsion and the PMS.
· Manages and oversees all electrical technical activities directly related to the management and operation of the owned vessels.
· Carries out ship rides to ensure that vessels are maintained to a high standard and are operated to all current regulations and Company standards.
· Coordinates all electrical maintenance activities by outside technical service and internal actions by crew.
· Coordinates any Dry-Dock activities which arise from electrical maintenance program. Reviews and updates the electrical maintenance schedules based on Ship survey findings and results.
· Ensures that reports and repair specifications are issued accurately and reflect the condition of the ships, and that all repairs are completed to the required standard.
· Ensure maintenance costs are managed in accordance with agreed accountable budgets and in accordance with financial approvals.
· Analyses and approves technical specifications for new building, vessel’s refit and repairs ensuring that solutions are tested and verified before implementation by attending FAT (Factory Acceptance test).
· Manages crisis when unexpected technical issues arise.
· Conducts troubleshooting with assistance of ship staff and equipment makers.
· Excellent knowledge of the English language is required, additional languages are beneficial;· Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering or similar;
· At least ten years of relevant working experience, or at least six (6) years working as a superintendent or similar function as onboard 1st ETO / Chief Electrician on Cruise ships;· Advanced understanding of a combination of electrical skills, required to fulfil this role completely, e.g. High Voltage (11.0 kV and 6.6 kV), 440v, 220v, 24v, 12v and electronics;
· Ability to effectively plan, organize, delegate and control the work process;
· Preferred experience with ABB/GE Marine High Voltage Equipment: High voltage generators, high voltage generator voltage controls, High / low voltage switchgear and distribution switchboards, high voltage circuit breakers and protective devices, low voltage circuit breakers and motor starters, cycloconverter / synchronverter propulsion drives, high / low voltage transformers, low voltage VFD;
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of high voltage safety;
· Familiar with electrical engineering and installation standards including IEC, IEEE, API, IMO MODU, SOLAS, and class regulations (BV, RINA).
· Straightforward problem solving and collaborative teamwork mind.
· Ability to manage workload and priorities.
· Able to travel worldwide onboard.
The existing Right to live and work in the UK is preferred.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.