JOB NUMBER: JB03917
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04692
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruise Management UK Ltd
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Director, Maritime Support & Crisis Response
Land-based fleet operations officer joining a 24h watch standing rota to monitor navigation, safety, security, legal and environmental aspects for the entire MSC Cruises / Explora Journeys Fleet as well as being responsible for any crisis activation and management during their shift.
· Follows a 24/7 shift pattern, including nights, weekends and holidays;· Performs shift specific and other assigned tasks (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly checks, ) within the required time period, records all entries in the “Maritime Support Centre” log book;
· Acts as the first point of contact for the fleet for general assistance and reports any discrepancies between shipboard practice and Safety Company Policies;
· Manages level 0 & 1 Operational Events and assists in the management of level 2/3 Crisis ;
· Monitors all equipment ensuring that overview of vessels is available at all times, and communicate with relevant stakeholders in case of equipment issue;
· Monitors voyages of all vessels, including itineraries and arrival/departure schedules, arrival/departure manoeuvres and react to pre-determined triggers warning of possible unsafe situations;
· Monitors current and forecast weather conditions;
· Conducts tests with all communication platforms to check functionality and reports and follows up any non-conformity;
· Assists in planning and participate in companywide drills, including the preparation of after action reports;
· Assists in planning, preparing and conducting training of colleagues from other departments forming part of the emergency group ashore.
· Fluent spoken and written English;
· Chief Officer Unlimited licence;
· Minimum 2-year experience as 2nd Officer on board cruise vessels;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
· Knowledge of Bridge systems such as NACOS/SAM Electronics, NAPA, etc.;
· Good level of skills in: decision making, communication, conflict resolution and ability to prioritise;
· Knowledge of SOLAS, MARPOL, MLC and ISM requirements;
· Knowledge of FF/LSA systems for the shipboard.
Existing right to work in the UK is preferred.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.