JOB NUMBER: JB03944
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04726
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises INC.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Groups Manager
Groups Advocate is responsible for assisting travel agents with all aspects related to cruise group bookings, to quote group space, issue accurate group contracts in a timely manner and promote our services to increase on board revenue.
• Builds strong relationships with clients by managing groups from beginning to end ensuring timely and accurate creation and dissemination of group contracts to travel agents.
• Responds to incoming calls proactively optimizing the time for maximum productivity, and communicates and manages group bookings, deadlines, special requests, amenities, updated promotions and shore excursions effectively.
• Ensures turnaround of new group requests, submitted to MSC Cruises via the Travel Agent’s channel of choice.
• Ensures the correct and accurate submission of Group Quotator, Jira Request and/or Service Tickets, and continually follows up to obtain rapid approval from Revenue Management and Inventory department.
• Creates new bookings within existing groups, as well as processing payments and refunds, name changes & cancellations accurately.
• Conducts all service related activities related to the group and or bookings
• Provides positive support to clients over the phone and through email consistent with the company standards.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with clients by anticipating and effectively responding to service issues and requests, as well as following-up on outstanding issues quickly.
• Corresponds with Travel Agent regarding Siebel Emails , Dining and Meeting Space requests meeting the appropriate turnaround time.
• Makes outbound calls to offer special rates to travel partners or promote specific sailings.
• Promotes prepaid services including special services, shore excursion, transfer, spa packages, internet packages, photo packages and other services.
• Checks special requests/needs and/or onboard activities is properly documented and communicated with Operations Team.
• Other duties as assigned by Groups Department management.
• Fluent English. Additional language a plus.
• Associates Degree and/or 2 years Cruise line experience in Groups, Reservations, Inside Sales
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel and database skills
• Flexibility to work occasional overtime, evening hours and weekends.
• Strong organizational skills, time management and attention to details.
• Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities
• Experience in service, sales, or customer service a plus
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.