JOB NUMBER: JB03988
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04766
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises INC.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: IT Director
MSC North America is home to several ports including Miami, Port Canaveral, NYC, Ocean Cay (Bahamas) with additional locations under development. The MSC USA Port Operations IT Manager will lead the effort to optimize IT services for these locations, ensuring that the systems and technology required to embark and disembark passengers is installed and operating correctly. The Port Operations IT Manager will be customer obsessed; be accustomed to taking a highly collaborative approach; and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the MSC North America Port Operations IT processes and seek ways to optimize all existing and new locations.
· Manage end-to-end ship-to-shore, check-in setups / technologies.
· Troubleshoot and respond to outages or other failures, including day-of embarkation and/or disembarkation.
· Manage stakeholders (internal and external) including MSC Port Operations team, Terminal authorities, and vendors/service providers.
· Manage all port vetting and preparation tasks and serve as the point of contact for new ports.
· Assist senior management in planning for all irregular operations contingency plans for respective ports.
· Assist senior management by collecting requirements for the implementation of desired IT service programs, including crisis recovery programs.
· Ensure there is seamless communication between IT Operations, Port Operations and the ship operations, especially in cases which effect the ship’s departure time.
IT VENDOR & CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
· In joint-collaboration review and as needed ensure IT operational guidelines are embedded IT contracts for hardware, software and managed services.
· Ensure contracts for break-fix and extended warranties are current and vendors meet their contractual obligations.
· Liaise with Newbuild/Commercial Development/Marine/Risk Management and other business units regarding port infrastructure, ship operations, future & current port development.
· Actively participate in negotiations and IT contract management.
· Build and maintain relationships with vendors supporting infrastructure, hardware and networks.
· Provide reports to IT management on facility preparedness and viability to support IT services.
IT OPERATIONS ACCOUNTABILITY
· Provide timely status to senior IT management on all current IT priorities.
· Implement and manage documentation of internal processes.
· Ensure all IT solutions and services, provided by service providers, are in compliance with MSC IT operational policies & procedures.
KEY LEADERSHIP BEHAVIORS
· Excellent ability to adapt and influence the perspective of direct teams.
· Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
· Honest, receptive and sensitive style when communicating.
· This role could be subject to a criminal background check.
· Able to travel locally and regionally in a short notice.
· Accessibility after hours and days off.· Flexible scheduling which may be required to accommodate ship operations on Saturdays or Sundays.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Microsoft and/or Linux, Security+, Network+, CISCO CCNA or similar certification is needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related major from a public or accredited private academic institution required.
· 5+ years of progressive IT management· Strongly preferred is a cruise terminal operations background, with experience in ship-to-shore multi-vessel networks, embark check-in; and CBP technologies.
· Extensive knowledge in IT infrastructure / networking.
· Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Active Directory Domains.
· Extensive knowledge in infrastructure, networking and cyber security Including cloud and on-prem technologies.
· Extensive knowledge of IT monitoring tools.
· Five years of successful people management experience.
· At least 5 years of experience serving an IT organization as a senior service manager.
· At least 4 years of supervisory experience, with excellent leadership and people management skills.
· Knowledge in PC and MAC hardware, peripherals, software and OS.
· Experienced in the triage of office application issues, to include Office365 suite and other productivity tools.
· In collaboration with IT operations, actively verify last mile delivery of IT solutions, infrastructure and networking components.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.