The Engine Storekeeper oversees and keep update all inventories of Technical department, in accordance with Chief Engineer approval submit requests and is responsible of receiving, storage, and distribution of technical spare parts to Technical personnel.
• Manages methods and procedures for the maintenance and upkeep of the technical warehouse generally within the technical.
• Inspects all related inventories and ensure that no wastage of materials occurs.
• Applies the use of appropriate material adopted for maintenance, assuring required safety for personnel and equipment• Ensures correct disposal of garbage to comply with International, National and Company regulations.
• Prepares requisitions and spare parts, submitting them to the Island Chief Engineer for approval.
• Oversees the inventory of materials on hand and on order; receiving and signing for materials, ensuring they are properly labelled, preserved, stowed and secured to avoid loss from damage or deterioration.
• Ensures control over the issue and use of materials to prevent waste.
• Always operates with the full consideration for the comfort of Guests.
• In accordance with Site daily operations or in case of particular/emergency situations, perform any other duty assigned by supervisor or Chief Engineer.
• Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of other Foreign language is a major advantage
• Technical warehouse responsibility, in charge to receive any material related to assigned department, correct storage, inventory and distribution. Important aspect of the work to ensure that no tools or spare parts are used if not strictly necessary to maintenance to carry out in addition advise Chief Engineer when items needs to be ordered according to consumption.
• High School Graduation with appropriate licenses obtained from certified Technical Institute.
• 5 years’ experience as a technical storekeeper or related position
• Windows based computer ability and proven knowledge of MS Office suite is necessary.
• Good supervisory skills, crisis, and problem handling
• Physical integrity and ability to: stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear, taste or smell, lift and/or move up to 25 Kg., full ability of close vision close vision, distance vision
• Color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• Reliable, responsible and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
• Honest and ethical.
• Respect for the individual- Treat all individuals with respect and dignity in the way they are spoken to, treated and the decisions made that affect them
• Cooperation - Pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Self-Control - Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Safety Conscious - Awareness of hazards and alertness to danger.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.